In collaboration with the General Managers, Aquatics Coordinators and Area Integrator, the Assistant Manager will directly assist in the daily operations of the school by serving as a manager-on-duty in the absence of the GM, build and maintain relationships with teammates and families, and execute projects as assigned by the GM.
- Serve as the manager-on-duty (MOD) in the absence of the GM.
- Ensure families feel welcome and not overwhelmed, understand the process, and reassure that they are making the best choice for their child.
- Build trust and sense of community/family, help parents understand importance of lessons and the process we use, and connect them to our belief that swimming creates opportunities.
- Collaborate with entire staff team to ensure school is show ready before, during, and after all operating hours.
- Have a plan in event of different emergencies, ensure that plans are followed through staff training, and that all emergencies and incidents are documented appropriately
- Serve as the point of contact between our third party hiring and recruiting team and the swim school.
- Send welcome email/information, offer letter, and background check materials to candidates upon hire.
- Conduct orientation for new hires.
- Train & maintain a capable team of FDS that embody our core values and provide an exceptional experience to students and parents.
- Collaborate with GMs, ACs, and AI to create training schedules for all new hires, including but not limited to: orientation day, online training, in-water training, co-teaching, shadowing shifts, and other hands-on training.
- Coordinate CPR trainings for each school’s team as well as opportunities for the public.
- Execute grassroots marketing opportunities for employee recruitment, including but not limited to: job fairs, speaking engagements at area high schools or colleges, hiring campaigns, hiring signage.
- Attend standing weekly meetings with area management team, AJT aquatic management team, Essential Outreach, and HQ sponsored training opportunities as directed by GM.
- Report weekly on metrics determined by Operations Team.
- Assist with Water Safety Instructor and Front Desk Team interviews as needed.
- Take part in our highly successful leadership development program, which includes a weekly mentoring call with senior leadership to identify issues, discuss challenges, and work towards solutions to in-school issues.
- Participate in personal development through experiential learning, reading assignments, Strengths Finders, Ted Talks, and more.
Preferred Experience & Attributes:
- Leadership and/or management
- Training of staff
- Customer service
- Schedule management
- Public speaking
- Excellent written communication
- Experience with aquatics
Work Week Basics:
- 5-6 day work week with rotating days off (varies by season)
- Nights and weekends required
- 40 hours per week
- Sub as WSI or FDT as needed
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the company
- Opportunity for travel for personal and professional development
- Opportunity for bonuses
- Opportunity for education and enrichment reimbursement
- Access to leadership, peers, and company headquarters for resources and training
Apply for this position